The new version 0.4.0 of the library is now released.
It is binary compatible with the previous version, which means that you don't need to recompile any programs which were linked against the previous versions (it implements API version 3.0.3, expressed as current.revision.age).
Here is what's new:
- New features:
- Support for image types (color models): GREY, GREYA, RGB, RGBA, CMY, CMYK, CMYKA and custom
- Additional builtin energy functions based on luma instead of brightness
- Support for custom energy functions
- Functions to read out the energy map
- Cancel function to interrupt computations
- Additional methods for bias and rigidity masks
- Use a single progress instead of several ones when the update is performed in steps
- Can handle input buffers non-destructively
- Performace related:
- Faster rescaling thanks to optimisations in the code
- Spare memory when not using features (e.g. the bias)
- The default installation directory is now /usr instead of /usr/local
- Compiling under MinGW now correctly produces a DLL with the default settings
- Now it also compiles correctly under MS Visual C++ on Windows
- All public macro names start with LQR_* (old versions are still available but can be disabled at configure time)
You find it in the Download Page.